[LON-CAPA-admin] Printing problems on 2.2.2 with FC4

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Oct 18 13:11:57 EDT 2006

Hi Guy,

> I have 2.2.2 installed, and when I try to print instead of getting the
> link to the PDF I get this message:
>
> Not Found
> The requested URL /cgi-bin/printout.pl was not found on this server.
>
> The page address is
> http://capa1.cc.huji.ac.il/cgi-bin/printout.pl?1161186837_2298_2
>
> The following file is created in the prtspool directory:
>
> guy_huji_printout_1161186837_2298_2.tex
>
> but there is no pdf file there.
>
> This happens on my library server (FC4), but not on my access server
> (FC5).

2 guesses

1) (likey)
   Your httpd.conf has a ScriptAlias definition that is taking
   precedence over the one in loncapa_apache.conf
   (If this is true the UPDATE procedure should have thrown an error
    during the process)
   - Fix by commenting out the definition in the httpd.conf file and
     restarting the webserver

2) (unlikely  and really really weird)
   there is no printout.pl in /home/httpd/cgi-bin/

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-6-27,137