[LON-CAPA-admin] secure login to LON-CAPA using LDAP

Michael W Edwards mwedward at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 16 11:42:41 EDT 2006

2.2.2 is where you need to be.

When you start apache are you seeing:

dev1:~ # /etc/init.d/apache start
Starting httpd [ PERL SSL ][Mon Oct 16 10:33:31 2006] [warn] module
perl_module is already loaded, skipping

If not, you need to run through the following:
Change the following lines in your /etc/sysconfig/apache file:
HTTPD_START_TIMEOUT=10 From HTTPD_START_TIMEOUT=2
HTTPD_SEC_MOD_SSL="yes"

Then run 'SuSeconfig --module apache' which will make sure apache starts
correctly w/ the SSL modules.

In my httpd.conf file I had to:
Make sure the User was set to what account was actually running
everything (in my case that was www not wwwrun)
Make sure  I had the mod_rewrite rules in place
Comment out the DocumentRoot, ServerName, ServerAdmin,ErrorLog, and
TransferLog options in the <VirtualHost _default_:443> section.
Make sure the SSLCertificateFile and SSLCertificateKeyFile were pointing
to the correct files.

I think that was it, 2.2.2 should fix many of the issues that 2.2.1 had
with https so I'd make sure I stuck with that one.

Let me know if you encounter any other issues I should be able to help
you out.

Mike