[LON-CAPA-admin] An access server is not getting all the changes
Guy Albertelli II
guy at albertelli.com
Thu Nov 9 17:00:49 EST 2006
> One of my access servers doesn't seem to get all the changes. If I
> include a new problem in a sequence, only the meta data files are
> replicated over when I login to the server. Nothing else shows up,
> even after a few days. The server is running 2.2.2. Any idea why? -hk
Somethings to try looking at:
- republish somthing that should go to it. (i'm going to assume its
the user author:domain and the file
- After it's done repubing (you'll need to watch server-status, since the
push out to the subscribing servers is done in the cleanup handler)
- check /home/author/public_html/dir/file.problem.log
there should be a 'Cleanup phase:' portion at the end,
does it mention the odd machine ? What's it say?
- check the lond.log on the machine in question, did it get a
connection from the library server? Do any errors occur in there?
- check the dir /home/httpd/sockets/delayed/, is there any files
that have a name that is the lonid of the troublesome machine?
- on the library server, check the file
does it mention the lonid of the questionable machine?
guy at albertelli.com 0-7-1-6-27,137
More information about the LON-CAPA-admin