[LON-CAPA-admin] Error on starting httpd

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu May 25 13:51:29 EDT 2006

Hi Richard,

> Boy, now I've done it.  I get a lot of error messages now after going
> through the 2 steps Guy outlined I am at number 3.
>
> Here is the error I get when starting httpd:
>
> [Thu May 25 12:35:22 2006] [error] sytax error at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/Date/Manip.pm line 48, near
> "@Date::Manip::DatePath"\nBEGIN not safe after error--compilation

You have not made the edits correctly in Manip.pm

Stuart has built and released an updated perl-DateManip rpm

You can revert your changes and install the latest version by doing:

rpm -e perl-DateManip
yum clean metadata
yum install perl-DateManip

After this completes you can see that you have the lasted version by
doing:
rpm -q perl-DateManip

You should see:
perl-DateManip-5.44-1.loncapa