[LON-CAPA-admin] Auto enroll timeout

H. K. Ng hkng at fsu.edu
Fri May 5 12:12:11 EDT 2006

Hi Guy,

> > >Hrrm. That child exit would only occur if it did....
> >
> > Yes - it looks like every time the connect statement is called the
> > child process exit?? That message is not present on the development
> > box which fetches the enrollment data properly.
> >
> > I have made the iptables identical for both machines - does not help.
>
>Can you send me a copy of your localenroll.pm?

Sent in a separate mail.

I rewrote the localenroll.pm so that it makes a system call to a
separate program which fetches the classlist. On the development
machine it works fine. However, on the production it doesn't. On
lonnet.log it has the following message.

Fri May  5 10:16:58 2006 (15272): get_classlist error for
fsu_8y408217acc584425fsul1:error: 2 tie(GDBM) Failed while attempting dump

Does this give a clue?

Thanks,
-hk