[LON-CAPA-admin] STAT button

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Jul 12 14:52:57 EDT 2006

Hi Hon-Kie,

> 1. Does the STAT function in a course update or create any meta data
> in the meta data file or (permanently) anything in the mysql
> database?

Nope.

> Recently, I upgraded the library server but did not copy
> any of the files under /var/lib/mysql/loncapa. Should those files be
> copied over?

It's unneccessary to move those over.

> 2. Where is the usage data for a resource stored? Version 2.1.3 does
> not list any statistics under res space as it used to.

The authoritative data is stored in the author
's home directory in the .db files
nohist_resevaldata.db
and
nohist_accesscount.db

These db files are the ones read from when accessing the .meta file of
a resource when browsing around.

In the res space browsing data is read from themysql database cache of
this information which is updated by the bi-nightly run of
searchcat.pl that reindex the metadata.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-7-27,137