[LON-CAPA-admin] access with port<>80

Stefan Bisitz st.bisitz at fh-wolfenbuettel.de
Mon Jan 30 10:56:35 EST 2006

Hi,

we want to extend the accessibility to our LON-CAPA server so that students can login even if they are not at
the univerity (network). Due to security reasons we are not allowed to use port 80.

I´v been searching for a solution: I changed the port listener in the apache config file to another port. I also
added the new port in the firewall settings. Unfortunately it was only possible to access the main login page.
All further pages were not accessible. It looks like that the (perl script generated?) URLs don´t add the port.

Is it possible to access LON-CAPA with a port different to 80? How difficult is it to change this?

Thanks for your help!

Stefan Bisitz