[LON-CAPA-admin] Scripting exports of exam grade results

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Fri Apr 14 16:58:22 EDT 2006

Hi Mike,

> We'd like to avoid the human process of the export and automate the
> export of graded results from these exams on a periodic basis via
> cron, etc.
>
> Has anybody done something similar?

Not that I'm aware of.

> I've been looking for an
> 'advertised' method for getting the grades for a particular exam in
> the modules, but I haven't found one yet.  Hopefully I haven't missed
> anything too painfully obvious  ;-)

There currently isn't anything completely obvious.

I think the easiest way as it stands right now might be trying a
screen scraping style automation of pressing the buttons to get the
file generated.

If you'd like to investigate it further though, loncoursedata.pm is
the module that makes it easiest to get student data, take a look at
lonstudentassessment.pm's &csv_outputstudent()  for an example usage.
(lonstudentassessment.pm -> generates the CHRT)

It uses
&Apache::loncoursedata::get_current_state($username,$domain,$symb,$courseid);
to get the data.

(If $symb is ommitted it gets the data for everything in the course
for the specified user)

We might want to move this discussion to lon-capa-dev.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-1-8-27,137