[LON-CAPA-admin] LON-CAPA V2.0.2 question

Jeff Nugent jsnugent at vcu.edu
Mon Oct 31 10:06:30 EST 2005

I have a few questions about the v2.0.2 release:

There were reports of difficulty with course reinitialization and STATS
back in August

 >There is a bug in the STAT code, so that if you do overall statistics
 > or excel/CVS view of CHRT the course structure db file gets tied in
 > write mode and no longer can changed.
 >
 > The short term workaround is to reload the webserver when this occurs.
 >
 > The patch to fix this is:
 > http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-cvs/Week-of-Mon-
 > 20050822/010864.html
 >
 > (or you can pull revision 1.125 of lonstudentassessment.pm and 1.105
 > lonproblemstatistics.pm)
 >
 > The fix to this bug is one of the reasons that 2.0.1 will be coming
 > out tommorrow.

I know this was fixed in 2.0.1, which we did not install. However, on 5
October Nathan Schoenack reported an error with the upgrade to 2.0.2
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-admin/2005-October/001139.html
I, like Nathan am wondering if others have experienced similar errors w/
v2.0.2? Or if it seems to be working well for folks...

I'm assuming that installing v2.0.2 will also fix the reported reinitialize
/ STATS bug...is that correct? If there are still a few kinks in 2.0.2 then
is it advisable to just complete the patch??? Feedback and suggestions most
appreciated.

Many thanks,

~Jeff

Jeffrey S. Nugent