[LON-CAPA-admin] Adding Access servers

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Mar 30 12:04:49 EST 2005

Hi Nathan,

> I would be interested in how effective this crudest of load balancing
> techniques really is.  Does anyone out there know how to check on the number
> of logins each access server has authenticated in the last week? month?
> semester?

I do.

:-)

in /home/httpd/perl/debug

there are 2 perl scripts of interest:
login_count.pl - Counts the number of total logins since a certain date.
user_login_count.pm - Counts the number of logins per student since a
                      certain date

(In case you were wondering how we discovered
http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=29279)

It wouldn't be to difficult one to subdivide based on machine. I think
I'll go do that...

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-2-9-