[LON-CAPA-admin] problem updating to 1.3.3

Nathan Schoenack nathan.schoenack at ndsu.edu
Mon Mar 28 13:54:37 EST 2005

I would guess it's the killall commands.  There was no lond.pid or lonc.pid
files, but I wonder if there were extraneous lond and lonc processes that
weren't getting killed by the /etc/init.d/loncontrol stop.  Then the killall
commands cleaned em up.  Just my guess.

I did the update to our access server(s) and got a strange message when
stopping loncontrol on that machine as well:

Closing firewall access on port 5663.
iptables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?)
Error closing port.
Closing firewall access on port 8080.
iptables: Bad rule (does a matching rule exist in that chain?)
Error closing port.

But, then I just started loncontrol and it seemed fine.

Opening firewall access on port 5663.
Opening firewall access on port 8080.
Starting LON-CAPA
Starting LON-CAPA client and daemon processes (please be patient)
lonsql     started
lond       started
lonc       new started
lonhttpd   started

Then I restarted httpd and everything seems to work find with the access
server.

Nathan