[LON-CAPA-admin] Passwords

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:38:52 EST 2005

Hi Mark and Guy,

lucasm at ohiou.edu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way for a Domain Coordinator to upload a list of passwords to
> reset?
>
> For example, a teacher here uploaded students, but didn't get the
> passwords reset. I now have 20ish students to do by hand.

It would be nice if lon-capa had a feature where if a student forgets a
password, he or she can click a button, enter a username, and have the
password (or a new one) returned by email whenever an email address is
available. Most schools now provide email accounts for students, and
when we upload student rosters, I always make sure to include the school
assigned email address.

Lars.