[LON-CAPA-admin] Upgrade issues (FC3)

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Sat Jan 8 01:46:37 EST 2005

Hi Lars,

> >>Does this mean that email is only sent out at night?
> >

> > No. Only that the loncapa machine status emails are sent only at
> > night.
> >

> OK, if this is the case, then mail doesn't work on schubert:
>
> (1) no notification by email
> (2) the mail command  doesn't work on schubert: when I send a message
> using mail from jensen to jensen it looks like the mail is sent, but
> when I check mail is says "No mail for jensen"
>
> Any ideas?

- firewall issues
   when on the machine itself what does
    nmap -p 25 127.0.0.1
   say?
- sendmail isn't running?
    /etc/init.d/sendmail start
- sendmail doesn't like something about how things are configured?
    check the sendmail logs and see if it is complaining about
    something

Otherwise, I haven't good idea.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-