[LON-CAPA-admin] Typo: FC3 install

Matthew Brian Hall hallmat3 at msu.edu
Wed Jan 5 15:54:57 EST 2005

Hi Lars,

> The instructions for FC3 on install.loncapa.org states under "Package
> Group Selection" that we should choole the last item, 'minimal install'.
> The last item is actually "Everything".

Okay, thanks.  I'll fix the text right now.

> I chose the ("Server") default
> setting instead, which installs the
>
> Server Configuration Tools,
> Web Server
> Windows File Server
> Administration Tools
> Printing Support
>
> The only thing that puzzled me was that the MySQL server was unchecked.
> Should I have included it?

No.  And you only needed to choose "minimal install".  I do recommend the
minimal install, but there's no reason for you to worry about restarting the
installation process.  Yum takes care of the of the dependencies pretty
well.  You'll probably need to remove a few rpms to get the
LONCAPA-prerequisites rpm to install (specifically httpd and the packages
which depend on it).  It should not be painful.

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           hallmat3 at msu.edu
LON-CAPA developer