[LON-CAPA-admin] High httpd %CPU

Matthew Hall llahwehttam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 16:32:41 EST 2005

Hi Hon-Kie,

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:15:25 -0500, H. K. Ng <ng at martech.fsu.edu> wrote:
> One of my lib servers seem to have a very high %CPU usage for httpd as
> shown by top. This has been going on for hours, at least to my knowledge,
> maybe longer. This doesn't seem right. Are there some processes that never
> got terminated properly? Thanks, -hk
>
>    PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND
> 15576 www       25   0 78176  62m 5748 R 99.9  3.1   1930:05 httpd

if you go to

http://SERVER/server-status

you will be able to see what the various httpd have been doing.  Look
for the PID you specified above to see its last transaction.  There
are modules that can work for a long time (spreadsheet comes to mind),
but if we knew of any which would not terminate on their own we would
fix them.

Matthew