[LON-CAPA-admin] ./TEST fails - how to fix?

Jon Hall hall_jon at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 7 17:20:06 EST 2005

when i run ./TEST i get 4 failed tests.  output is listed below.  do i
need to fix this? if so, how can i fix this?  i am running version
version 1.2.1 on redhat 7.3.

# ./TEST
TESTING LPML INSTALLATION CODE
cd ../test; perl filecomparetest.pl
Test 1...FAILED perl ../build/filecompare.pl -n fctest/fileA.txt
fctest/fileE.txt
Test 2...ok
Test 3...ok
Test 4...FAILED perl ../build/filecompare.pl -n fctest/fileA.txt
fctest/fileF.txt
Test 5...FAILED perl ../build/filecompare.pl -n fctest/fileA.txt
fctest/fileC.txt
Test 6...ok
Test 7...ok
Test 8...FAILED perl ../build/filecompare.pl -n fctest/fileA.txt
fctest/fileC.txt age size
Test 9...ok
Test 10...ok
Test 11...ok
Test 12...ok
Tests: 8/12 successful (66.7 %)
ERROR with filecompare.pl
make: *** [TEST_lpml_scripts] Error 1
cp: cannot stat `CPAN_STATUS_REPORT': No such file or directory

lonnet.log shows a lot of this message - <font color=blue>WARNING:
Critical message to unknown server ()</font>

is that related to the failed tests?  is it something to worry about?

on another note, can i update to running the latest lon-capa version
and fedora core (from redhat) without losing all of my students'
assessment data?  if so, can anyone can talk me baby-steps through
this, i would appreciate it?

thanks,
jon hall

St. Pius X Catholic High School