[LON-CAPA-admin] missing re-initialize course button?

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Aug 31 14:37:11 EDT 2005

Hi Peter,

>     One of our professors has a strange problem.  He is currently a
> course coordinator for two active courses.  While in the course DOCS of
> one of the two (physics) he does not receive the line of red text and
> the re-initialize buton when he makes a change.

There is a bug in the STAT code, so that if you do overall statistics
or excel/CVS view of CHRT the course structure db file gets tied in
write mode and no longer can changed.

The short term workaround is to reload the webserver when this occurs.

The patch to fix this is:
http://mail.lon-capa.org/pipermail/lon-capa-cvs/Week-of-Mon-20050822/010864.html

(or you can pull revision 1.125 of lonstudentassessment.pm and 1.105
lonproblemstatistics.pm)

The fix to this bug is one of the reasons that 2.0.1 will be coming
out tommorrow.

Sorry about that.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-1-27,137