[LON-CAPA-admin] New major release 2.0.0

Jim Maxka jim.maxka at nau.edu
Fri Aug 19 18:37:09 EDT 2005

Hi Guy and Stuart-- I had to abandon the SuSe install altogether,
because I had rpm trouble.  So, I installed fedora c4 and applied the
i386 rpms.  That all went well.  I got errors on the ./UPDATE.  Do you
want to see them?

The reason I was interested in making the SuSe work was the last kernel
update for core 3 caused kernel panics on both my servers.  So, I had to
set the default for the previous one in case of power failure..  I had
this experience with two separate official kernel relaseses over the run
of c3.  The first time, there was a fix within two days, but the last
kernel was never fixed.  This bugged me that in 6 weeks this summer,
redhat did not release a new kernel  -- The latest c4 kernel works OK,
until this happens again -- why would it not.