[LON-CAPA-admin] Obtaining user role

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Mon Aug 15 13:49:54 EDT 2005

Hi Hon-Kie,

> How does one get the user role? I tried using the &EXT('user.role') plus
> combinations but cannot get the 2-letter value.

Hrrm, well the answer is &EXT('request.role');

But I am kinda concerned about people building problems that depend on
that value.... as we do right now freely muck with those things.

If you just want to hide things from students we do have the tag
<instructorcomment>

which allows author/co-author/Instructor/Course coordinator to see the
the intervening text but hides it from others.

--
guy at albertelli.com   0-7-2-3-27,137