[LON-CAPA-admin] port 40914

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Wed Sep 29 11:07:25 EDT 2004

Hi,

On my client machine, I wasn't able to access the lon-capa login screen
because apparently my client firewall did not allow traffic on port 40914.
I'm using the firestarter firewall in the default setup.

What ports are lon-capa machines/applications using?

What ports must client firewalls allow traffic through?

What ports must lon-capa server firewalls allow traffic through?

Could this create obstacles for students trying to access a loncapa
server?

Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, www.tmcc.nevada.edu/~jensen/