[LON-CAPA-admin] Don't Make FS autheticated users

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Sep 2 15:07:32 EDT 2004

Hi All,

There is a bug in 1.2.0 concerning the creation of File System
authenticated users. (All other user types are fine.)

Currently it deltes www's affiliation with all of the other
usergroups that it should be asociated with.

This means that all fs authenticated users will no longer be able to
see their Construction space (it'll show them a screen saying they are
already logged in instead of the file listing)

If you need to create such a user you will need to modify
/home/httpd/perl/lcuseradd
and
/home/httpd/perl/lchtmldir

They both have a line that reads

my ($safegroups)=($groups=~/([\s\w]+)/);

This need to be changed to:

my ($safegroups)=($groups=~/:\s*([\s\w]+)/);

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-4-