[LON-CAPA-admin] 64 bit

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Oct 26 14:49:18 EDT 2004

> > - Blessed /usr/bin/suidperl as setuid.
>
> Interesting. I have not done this (because I tend to find this on the
> scary side). Which things will break, if suidperl is not suid?

The scripts that need suidoerl are all in
/home/httpd/perl

General Use:

apachereload - used by lond, when lond's Parent process recieves a SIG
               USR2 it reads the hosts.tab file if it sees any changes
	       it kills/starts neccessary children and then executes
	       this script so Apache will notice the changes to
	       hosts.tab

Library Server Use:

lchtmldir - creates/manges permissions on /home/<username>/public_html
lcuseradd - adds a new UNIX user and adds www to the usergroup
lcuserdel - removes a UNIX user and removes www for the usergroup
lcpasswd  - changes a UNIX user's passwd and associated Samba password
pwchange  - actually changes a UNIX users password

No longer Used (probably should be eliminated):
lcnfson   - turn on nfs exporting for a particular host/user
lcnfsoff  - turn off nfs exporting for a particular host/user

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-