[LON-CAPA-admin] Slowdowns in NAV?

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Sun Oct 10 16:14:04 EDT 2004

Hi Mark,

> I've been giving timed reading quizzes. I had a student mention that this
> morning, with no significant load on the system (I checked my monitors
> later this morning).

I could go into the details of all of the things that was doing wrong.

But it suffices maybe to give some data I acquired.

For an instrcutor with a large amount of email, nav could take
anywhere from 8-25 seconds when showing the all closed folders screen.

That same user now takes between 0.1 - 1 seconds.

The display of an 'all folders open screen' took about 1-1.5 mintues
for the user.

It now takes under 16 seconds.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-3-2-