[LON-CAPA-admin] problems with fresh fedora/lc-1.1.3 install

Peter Kovac kovac at gwu.edu
Wed May 12 18:17:29 EDT 2004

Greetings~

    I'm doing a fresh lon-capa install on a machine with a fresh install
of Fedora Core 1 (w/the exact config specified by the install
instructions).  Everything's gone great until I run the UPDATE script
(from /root/loncapa-1.1.3) which runs fine up to a point and then just
hangs, I believe during 'make rawinstall'.  I can certainly continue and
run the other make scripts by hand but that doesn't really do the job.
Here's the final few lines of output I get:

/home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/lonaboutme.pm is unchanged
/home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/loncfile.pm is unchanged
/home/httpd/lib/perl/Apache/lonhelp.pm is unchanged
/home/httpd/html/adm/help/abouthelp.html is unchanged
/home/httpd/html/adm/help/tex/author.manual.access.tex is unchanged
/home/httpd/html/adm/help/tex/course.manual.access.tex is unchanged

    Any ideas?  I'd prefer not to downgrade to RH7.3 if I can help

    -Peter