[LON-CAPA-admin] SSL lonc/d for 1.2 heads-up

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Sun Jun 13 09:20:35 EDT 2004

Hi,

Quick question from one of us who needs a primer on SSL.

Will this signed key depend on interaction with anyone besides MSU?

I'm presuming that if I do an upgrade or make any changes that would
change my key that I would simply contact MSU, get the key signed, and
then install the key locally.

I'm presuming that this would not need to be distributed to everyone
else in the cluster.

Is this correct?

Lastly, does the process require any third connection when negotiating
lonc/lond? For example, if I'm trying to renegotiate my connection with
bsu, do the servers have to get any information from msu?

Thanks!
Mark