[LON-CAPA-admin] OS upgrade?

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Jun 8 11:07:49 EDT 2004

Hi Ray,

> At SFU we are currently planning to stay with RH7.3 for the fall semester.
> Is this going to be a problem?

We will support RH 7.3 for at last the next semester.

> What about apache?

We only support apache 1.3.X for now (we run under apache 2, but
mod_perl 2 has been too buggy to be usuable by Lon-CAPA, I haven't
tried the latest version, but as it is still in the 1.99 stages I
won't hold my breath.)

> Is SuSE 9.0 linux going to be a possibility?

With any luck this summer we will get make a detailed step-by-step
list of instructions for doing a SuSE or Mandrake install.

But if you are impatient it should work fine now, as long as you make
sure you install all of the neccessary Perl Modules, apache 1.3.X,
mod_perl 1, gnuplot with gif support...etc.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-3-