[LON-CAPA-admin] checkrpms no longer working

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Jul 15 15:48:22 EDT 2004

Hi Martin,

> Ok. Let's solve this once and for all :-)

For Fedora, the CHECKRPMS script is much simpler already we just mail
out the results of "yum check-update".

> (in order to make this decoupling complete we need to get rid of the
> CHECKRPMS line in /etc/cron.d/loncapa and the /usr/local/loncapa/bin/CHECKRPMS
> script in future loncapa releases).

I would prefer to not decouple loncapa and RPM checking.

I want the default loncapa install to setup some kind of reminder
script that checks for RPM updates.

Now the existing CHECKRPMS for 7.3 has some issues, and we might want
to ask during the UPDATE procedure if the user wants this automated
checking but I would really prefer the default to have something.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-1-