[LON-CAPA-admin] No retrievable records?

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Fri Jul 9 15:07:41 EDT 2004

Hi Hon-Kie,

> One of the professors has a training class. She is now getting messages
> from students (about half a dozen) who said when they finished an
> assignment the grade page shows that they got x out of y but later when
> they check, it says they haven't done anything. (I checked using the
> grading menu - and could not see any submissions for the students.) One
> thing the prof did not do was to set any open/due dates - she said it is
> only a training. Two things - (1) if the open/due dates are not set, they
> should not be able to submit their answer?

Correct if the open date wasn't set they can't see the problem. (but
they were open as you stated later)

> (2) Checking the students course
>  db files it seems that the submissions are written, so why can't the
>  student get their scores?

Couple of things here

1) Was the problem republished?
2) Did the part numbers change?

If 1 and 2 are yes, (for instance part '1' was changed to part 'two'
in some.problem in week1.sequence)

The data that is stored says the user got
part '1' of 'some.problem' in 'week1.sequence' correct

If the problem now only has part 'two' then the user no longer has the
problem correct.

The intructor has a couple of options in this case

1) go into docs, and set the version number to user for this problem
   to the previous version with the old part numbers.

or

2) revert the part numbers back and republish the problem

Note that there is a large red message displayed when the system
detects that you are changing the part numbers in a published problem
when you go to publish it again. Please heed this message.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-4-1-