[LON-CAPA-admin] Kerberos Redundancy

Gabriel Friedmann friedman at phy.cmich.edu
Fri Feb 13 14:26:16 EST 2004

Hey all.

I consider this a lon-capa issue as it is related to the
authentication of my users.

The lon-capa students here log on with their university assigned
username and passwords.  I authenticate this via kerberos to
the Active Directory Domain servers.

in my krb5.conf file i have:
kdc=central.cmich.local

which is the DNS record for the domain.  It returns multiple
addressed (for the multiple Domain Controllers)

*If* the first reported address is unusable for some reason,
authentication fails (it does not try another address).

I know other admins use kerberos to authenticate lon-capa users.
How do you provide redundancy in this case?

-- Gabriel Friedmann