[LON-CAPA-admin] CPU Limits?

Todd Ruskell truskell at mines.edu
Wed Aug 11 23:04:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

I just did print the MSU Physics Lib sequence, which is a big
beastie, and it took about 6 minutes.   At the same time, I was running
"top" and noticed that none of the cpus was ever more than 50% utilized,
and they seemed to spend most of their time at 70%+ available.  I would
have expected at least one of the cpus to be maxed out, which would have
greatly reduced the processing time.  Unless, of course some kind of cpu
limits are artificially placed on the processes?

Just curious.  This was with 1.1.99.4.

Todd