[LON-CAPA-admin] CHECKRPMs

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Mon Apr 19 15:33:49 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 12:58:08PM -0500, Nathan Schoenack wrote:
> Thanks Martin.  I ran the new CHECKRPMS and got the four error messages as
> you described.  Finally it said, "No new updates are available in
> ftp.sfu.ca".  So, I guess there are no new updates.

Hmm. This is not good. First of all ftp.sfu.ca should not generate
the 4 error messages. Secondly, if you had not updated your 7.3
machine for a while I would expect it to generate quite a few
updates. Thus something went wrong ...

And, yes, I overlooked something:

You must change line 206 (or thereabouts) as well: It should read

            $FTPUPDATES="$serverpath"; # The full update path.

(instead of
     $FTPUPDATES="$serverpath$RHversion/en/os"; # The full update path.
)

Sorry for that, but for now that should work.

I believe that best would be to get rid of CHECKRPMS completely and
run check-rpms directly from its own cron job. I'll try to get that
working and submit the changes to bugzilla so that things get properly
changed.

Cheers,
Martin