[LON-CAPA-admin] Overloaded network

lucasm at ohiou.edu lucasm at ohiou.edu
Tue Nov 18 11:19:08 EST 2003

Hi,

Can't tell what I'm doing today 8)

When I get the following message, what does it really mean?

The network is temporarily overloaded.

Please WAIT and submit your request again at a later point in time.

Is lonnet backed up? I'm on our library server, accessing student records
on our server, etc... Is it a load issue (we were running at least one
spreadsheet if not two) or an actual network outage (hard to believe).

Thanks,
Mark

Mark Lucas					email: lucasm at ohiou.edu
252D Clippinger Lab  				phone: (740)597-2984
Department of Physics and Astronomy             fax:   (740)593-0433
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701