[LON-CAPA-admin] Re: LON-CAPA and RedHat Support

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Thu Nov 6 01:44:39 EST 2003

Hi Martin,

> The important question is what is more important to LON-CAPA users:
> Having a better installation mechanism or get LON-CAPA features
> extended, improved, bugs fixed, etc. Given the limited manpower
> at MSU (which I believe is already strained to the limit) the community
> must decide what is more important - you cannot have both, unless the
> community starts contributing itself.

And at MSU the stress is very much on getting Lon-CAPA improved, since
we can obviously install things.

That said I think someone who wants to improve Lon-CAPA could easily
start here, you don't need to really learn much about Lon-CAPA and
there are already two files which define the source, destination and
type of every file in Lon-CAPA.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-5-3-