[LON-CAPA-admin] ntp

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Tue Mar 25 11:37:05 EST 2003

Hi Hon-Kie,

Our setup works fine - all I did was to edit ntp.conf to add the servers
(first few lines), and set the correct time. Otherwise we have the
default setup. Here is my ntp.conf:

#
server time.nist.gov
server utcnist.colorado.edu
server ntp.nasa.gov
server time-b.nist.gov
server  time-a.timefreq.bldrdoc.gov
server ntp.msu.edu

#
# Drift file.  Put this in a directory which the daemon can write to.
# No symbolic links allowed, either, since the daemon updates the file
# by creating a temporary in the same directory and then rename()'ing
# it to the file.
#
driftfile /etc/ntp/drift
broadcastdelay  0.008

#
# Authentication delay.  If you use, or plan to use someday, the
# authentication facility you should make the programs in the auth_stuff
# directory and figure out what this number should be on your machine.
#
authenticate yes
#
# Keys file.  If you want to diddle your server at run time, make a
# keys file (mode 600 for sure) and define the key number to be
# used for making requests.
#
# PLEASE DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT VALUES HERE. Pick your own, or remote
# systems might be able to reset your clock at will. Note also that
# ntpd is started with a -A flag, disabling authentication, that
# will have to be removed as well.
#
keys            /etc/ntp/keys