[LON-CAPA-admin] Dynamic Plots on Debian

Todd Ruskell truskell at Mines.EDU
Tue Jun 24 15:44:22 EDT 2003

Guy,

Thanks for your help getting LON-CAPA set up on Debian.  I even got
Kerberos compiled up, and 0.99.2 seems to be up and running.  However, I
still had to edit startup.pl and uncomment the perl5/site_perl/5.005
line to get it to find all the modules.

One problem I've run into is that dynamically generated plots don't seem
to get generated/stored properly for me.  I just get the little broken
image icon, and when I right-click on the image and try to view or
download it, not surprisingly I get a Not Found error:

The requested URL /cgi-bin/plot.gif was not found on this server.

So I went poking for cgi-bin, and found one here:  /home/httpd/cgi-bin,
as I think I expect.  However, it seems to have the following access
privileges:

drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root

If www is trying to place items there, that clearly won't work.

Two questions:  Is this where loncapa is looking for cgi-bin? If so,
what perms does it need to have?  If now, where do I need to create
another cgi-bin, and what perms should it have?

Thanks for any help,

Todd