[LON-CAPA-admin] 0.6.1 update problems

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Tue Jan 21 19:41:00 EST 2003

Hi everybody,

We ran ran the .UPDATE script of the 0.6.1 version today.
This brought our lon-capa server (dalton.chem.sfu.ca) to a grinding halt.
See http://dalton.chem.sfu.ca/lon-status for details (default account
and password).

At this point I just want to know whether it is possible (how?) to
revert back to 0.6. Yes, we are very desperate right now.
Thus, I am tempted to switch to /usr/local/src/loncapa-0.6 and
type ./UPDATE there. Will I do unreparable damage to lon-capa
that way? (it cannot be much worse than it is right now ...)

Martin

Martin Siegert
Academic Computing Services                        phone: (604) 291-4691
Simon Fraser University                            fax:   (604) 291-4242
Burnaby, British Columbia                          email: siegert at sfu.ca
Canada  V5A 1S6