[LON-CAPA-admin] 7.3 install help

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Thu Jan 2 18:40:49 EST 2003

Right now, I'm in the middle of the 7.3 configuration:

The 7.3 apache runs under user and group apache. Should I create a new
user www and run apache as this user? If I don't, won't this create
permission issues for several files in the home directory?

How do I restore users and passwords/shadow passwords? Do I simply copy
from the 6.2 passwd and group files? What about the shadow password
files?

Thanks,
Lars.

--
Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen