[LON-CAPA-admin] Directory for DOCS stuff?

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Tue Feb 25 15:33:45 EST 2003

Hi All,

> In which directory are the data from DOCS entries kept. For example if
> I create a bulletin board from DOCS, where are the data for this kept?

All feedback posts are kept in a single GDBM database on the server
that hosts the course.

You will need to know to courses' internal nmae (courseid)
Let say that this is 130290a9a8b3d6fannarborl1
And is in the domain annarbor

In the course's home directory

(which will be something like
/home/httpd/lonUsers/annarbor/1/3/0/130290a9a8b3d6fannarborl1/
)

Ther will be a file named

domain_coursedid.db

I.E. annarbor_130290a9a8b3d6fannarborl1.db

Inside this file is stored key value pairs that define all of the data
stored about the course discussion.

A dump of this file should prove fairly illuminating.

--
guy at albertelli.com  LON-CAPA Developer  0-7-7-4-