[LON-CAPA-admin] LON-CAPA Fedora installation procedure

Matthew Brian Hall hallmat3 at pilot.msu.edu
Fri Dec 12 17:16:00 EST 2003

Greetings.

I have finished creating and documenting the Fedora installation procedure
for LON-CAPA.  See http://install.loncapa.org/fedora_install.html.

Notes:

This is an RPM based installation.  This means there is NO systemperl, just
53 RPMs grouped into a few directories and a configuration script.

As with the 7.3 installation procedure, the instructions assume the
server will be used solely for LON-CAPA and nothing else.

We are not using this at MSU for our production servers.
We have decided to continue using Redhat 7.3 for the next semester.

If you have any problems with this installation, please contact me.

Matthew

Matthew Hall           LON-CAPA developer         hallmat3 at msu.edu
123 North Kedzie Hall                    Michigan State University