[LON-CAPA-admin] local auth

H. K. Ng ng at martech.fsu.edu
Fri Dec 5 15:01:42 EST 2003

Recently - the day before Thanksgiving - the certificate for our local auth
expires. After getting the new certificate, it was quite a fiddle to get it
to work and this brings my questions. What are the necessary steps required
to update localauth.pm? From my experiments, it seems to go something like
this:

1. Update the certificate at the library server.
2. Restart loncontrol
3. Restart httpd (may not be necessary)

The problem was I started by updating the certificate on an access server
and no matter what I did, I could not get it to work. It seems it is not
necessary the cert on the access server. Am I right? If so, then
localauth.pm is not used by the access server??

Thanks,
hk