[LON-CAPA-admin] lon-capa/samba password change

Scott Harrison sharrison at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 18 13:05:40 EDT 2002

Hi Lars:

The code was originally written (by me) to support this.  I am not sure if
this is still working.  I think Ron had introduced some improvements
and changes to this functionality.

A number of exceptions to samba password synchronization might result
such as changing a "student" user to become an "author" user.  In this case,
the newly made "author" user may not yet have had a samba password in sync
with his or her original LON-CAPA access password.

Thus (based on exceptional cases as well as the erratic nature of this
functionality) part of the author interface might include some diagnosis
and recommendation to change their password to enable samba access.

Regards,
Scott