[LON-CAPA-admin] samba install problem

Scott Harrison sharrison at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Oct 11 10:10:34 EDT 2002

> The error message does not refer to the old smb.conf or smbpasswd (I have
> renamed both of these). It is saying that there is some other file in
> LON-CAPA-base-3.1-1 that conflicts with smb.conf - what file(s) would
> that be?

Oops... The file conflicts are based on the rpm database (not the
actual file system).

Thus, the actual solution would be to both remove /etc/smb.conf,
and remove the LON-CAPA-base RPM.  (rpm -e LON-CAPA-base).

Note that you will definitely need to "./UPDATE" (from the
LON-CAPA tarball) after removing LON-CAPA-base.

Regards,
Scott