[LON-CAPA-admin] bug ?

Guy Albertelli II guy at albertelli.com
Wed Jun 19 17:54:11 EDT 2002

Hi Lars,

>  * When I now login to schubert it says on the Roles screen that
>    "Your home server is bifrost.tmcc.edu"
>
>  * The RES and CSTR buttons have disappeared from the remote
>
>  * The author button has disappeared from the Roles screen
>

>  Why does this happen - is it a bug?

The second two points are a result of the first point.

I.E. the CSTR button and the selection of the author role can only
occur when one is logged into their homeserver.

> We recently added a second loncapa server at tmcc (bifrost.tmcc.edu), and
> after we added it to the hosts.tab of schubert as well as added schubert
> to its hosts.tab and restarted services, the following happens:

When creating this second server did you create a jensen user on
bifrost?

If you that is bad and is why the above occurs.

A specific user name must only appear on 1 (one) library server in a
specfic domain.

--
guy at albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
Guy Albertelli -7-8-4-  O-