[LON-CAPA-admin] tmcc behind firewall :-(

Lars Jensen jensen at physics.unr.edu
Mon Jun 17 14:29:17 EDT 2002

Hi Guy,

Thanks for this info. I also need to know if I need to re-run
loncapaconfig and change the IP address to the "outside address". To
outside users schubert has now been mapped to the address 134.197.153.209.
The "true" IP if schubert is still 134.197.122.5. This is also the IP
for "inside users". Before the firewall all users used the latter address.

Questions:

 * Do others on the loncapa network need to change the schubert
   IP in their hosts.tab to be 134.197.153.201 ?

 * What address should I use in loncapaconfigure?

Thanks,
Lars.

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, Guy Albertelli II wrote:

> > schubert.tmcc.edu has now been put behind a newly erected firewall at
> > tmcc. Its DNS to the outside world has been mapped to 134.197.153.209 by
> > the firewall.  (The inside IP is still 134.197.122.5) Not surprisingly
> > I see nothing in my resource space anymore. Is there any way of fixing
> > this? Also, what ports must be opened at schubert?
>
> http://help.loncapa.org/fom/cache/198.html
>
> (I just added this.)
> --
> guy at albertelli.com          BM: n^20 t20 z20 qS
> Guy Albertelli -7-8-4-  O-
>     To have a successful relationship I must learn to make it look
>     like I'm giving as much as I'm getting.

Lars Jensen, TMCC/Vista B200, 7000 Dandini Blvd, Reno NV 89512-3999.
Internet: <jensen at physics.unr.edu>, http://www.scsr.nevada.edu/~jensen
Tel: 775.673.7113  FAX: 775.674.7592