[LON-CAPA-admin] updating summary

Scott Harrison harris41 at pilot.msu.edu
Sun Jun 16 12:03:16 EDT 2002

Dear All:

There are 2 different UPDATING issues here to be aware of:

* Updating with the intelligent tarball (loncapa.tar.gz; recommended)
  versus
* Updating with CVS

*** Updating with the intelligent tarball ("loncapa.tar.gz" recommended)
STABLE tarball:
http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/current/loncapa.tar.gz
BLEEDING EDGE tarball (updated daily):
http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/unstable_latest/loncapa.tar.gz

*** Updating with CVS
STABLE CVS:
cvs update -r STABLE -d
BLEEDING EDGE CVS:
cvs update -A -d

Unless you are writing software code, I recommend using
http://install.lon-capa.org/versions/unstable_latest/loncapa.tar.gz
for development machines.

Regards,
Scott